Food is an important component of human life. It is the fuel that keeps us going. This makes food handling a serious venture and the establishment with the equipment to manufacture food containers must undergo health and capacity standardization. Materials used to make take away containers should not have any harmful elements that can affect the food quality under any state, hot or cold.
Why a Take Away Container
If one is buying food from a food vendor, having take away containers make the process easier. It saves time, space and money. The time spent in serving is reduced because there is no queue waiting for a container to be washed for the next customer. Food vendors can sell anywhere as there is no need for space where customers can use to eat. As for savings, you only need money to purchase the food container once. If you buy food with a container, the cost is inclusive of the container.
Most portable containers are made from plastics and stainless steel. Having one container to carry food significantly reduces the need for plastic bags. Plastic bags are known pollutants to the environment.
When purchasing a food container, one may choose a size that can comfortably fit into his or her bag pack. Sizes make food transportation easier. If the food is liquid, solid, hot or cold, there is a standard container design and size that avoids spillage. The next time you are looking for a food container, shop SystemPak and see the difference
Qualities of a Good Food Container
- Easy to wash – the containers should be easily recycled through washing. Plastic and steel containers can easily be washed using soap and water.
- Standard temperature – food kept for long before being consumed should maintain a specific temperature and ventilation to make it edible. Keeping the food at room temperature and well ventilated ensures it maintains its quality and nutritional value. Keeping it in a cool container with refrigeration properties reduces the respiratory activity, water loss and inhibits decaying, making the food edible for longer hours.
- Size and shape – the container should be comfortable enough to carry the amount and form of food needed. Solid food is best kept is a wide rectangular container while liquid food fits well in a cylindrical and towering container.
- Easy to use – partaking the food from the container should also be factored. A wide-open container makes it easy to eat solid food while liquid food should have a smaller opening for drinking without spillage.
- Made from biodegradable material – for health reasons, the material used to create the container should not have any effect on the food when hot or cold. Also, when thrown away, it should decompose and reintegrate into the ecosystem.
- Beautiful – to capture the attention, the container may be created to caption something relatable to the owner. Such designs personalise the container to make it more than just a food carrier.